The Art Deco Trust started was started as an idea dreamed up by six people. Now, Art Deco Heritage has become synonymous with Napier, the world over.
Art Deco Trust Volunteers are the backbone of our organisation, and help protect, preserve promote and celebrate our Art Deco heritage. Every little bit of participation plays a big role in letting the spirit of Art Deco shine on!
The Art Deco Trust currently has a passionate and dedicated team of approximately 120 volunteers.
A team of 40+ walk guides support the Walks and Tours activities of the Trust along with 4 shop volunteers each day whom assist with the retail store 364 days of the year.
Each July and February, the Trust calls for additional volunteers to assist with our annual festival celebrations where we play host to tens of thousands of visitors to our Art Deco city.
The Art Deco Trust could not survive without volunteer support. The Trust regularly recognizes our volunteer contributions with:
- Providing gratis Art Deco Trust membership
- Providing social activities throughout the year
- Hosting an Annual Volunteer Dinner
- Awarding for long service
- Supporting a Volunteer Committee
- Provide winter training opportunities
- Providing opportunities to give suggestions and feedback into the Trust’s activities.
- Providing a Volunteers Lounge
- Providing a comprehensive library for all to use
- Providing a communication forum for all volunteers
The Art Deco Trust are always looking for more volunteers to helps us with our work.
We welcome shop volunteers throughout the year and do one intake each April for new guides.
If you enjoy meeting new people, are enthusiastic, and keen to become an ambassador for Napier and our Art Deco Heritage, then we welcome your enquiry.
Come along and have an informal chat with one of our staff or contact us for more information.
Please send us a message via the form below, or phone 06 835 0022 and press 1 for walks, tours, and retail, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to hear from you!
Enquiry form for contact page.